Saturday, August 06, 2005

Up river, Bubba, and don't get off the boat

Well, you see Knapp ... In this election, things get confused out there, power, ideals, the old morality, and practical political necessity. Out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be god. Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have. The Republicans have reached theirs. And very obviously, they have gone insane.

-----

I've never seen this blog before, but you know, I really like Amnesty International (I almost chose them as my own charity for Blogathon), so I'm just going to plug'em again. This time it's Ashley raising money to fight torture, political imprisonment and other Really Bad Things.

And since I'm extending the plugs beyond my own circle of friends, check out Jennifer and Kimberly's effort on behalf of greyhounds, which happen to be among the coolest of dogs.

Naturally, neither of these bloggers nor any of the others I'm mentioning should be considered associated with the political views or cheap riffs on Apocalypse Now you're reading here at Kn@ppster.

-----

Half an hour sure goes by quick, especially when you're herding two kids around and trying to get them in a corner and get duct tape over their mouths so that Mom can friggin' pack for a trip. We'll make it through this, though. Really.

--
Technorati Tag:
IceRocket Tag:

No comments: