Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm still standing ...

... but even though there doesn't seem to be any storm activity in the area, my electricity just did one of those "fade up and down" things which makes me a little leery. If I get knocked off the Net, I'll be back ASAP, make up any missing posts, and humbly ask my pledgers not to let technical difficulties undo what we've done here in the last 17 1/2 hours.

In the meantime, not much going on. My old party, the Libertarian Party, is showing more signs of actually deciding to become a political party instead of a social club. At its meeting in Kansas City yesterday, the Libertarian National Committee voted to eliminate dues as a membership requirement. That's a scary, giant step ... but if the transition from membership club to bona fide mass party can be accomplished, they'll be better off for it in the future. Congratulations to George Squyres, who made the proposal, and to all the LP members who worked to make it happen.

--
Technorati Tag:
IceRocket Tag:

No comments: