Monday, December 18, 2023

Another Helpful Scooter Hint ...

... because anyone who reads this blog knows that once I get onto a topic (tent living, bicycles, whatever), I tend to remain obsessed with it for some time. The hint:

For the love of God, cover your scooter if it's parked outdoors and you're expecting rain.

I forgot to do that last Friday.

It's not just that the seat gets wet.

It's that having rain blow around your scooter means moisture may get into your air filter/intake/carb/coil, etc. and that the thing may then not want to start until it gets dry.

I thought I'd actually go out for a ride IN the rain on Saturday night, but all I got out of it was "rrrrr ..... rrrrr .... rrrrr," with the engine never really "catching." During a dry period on Sunday, I managed to get it started, rode it for a few minutes to blow any remaining moisture out, then covered it (a cover was one of the first things I bought for it -- in fact, I may have ordered it before I got the scooter itself).

Of course, if you have a garage or other covered parking, none of this is really relevant to you.

No comments: