Friday, April 28, 2023

A Chromebox, Whether I Wanted One or Not

I started having computer problems yesterday, and my, isn't it odd how having computer problems seem to often coincide with not feeling well (some kind of body/stomach flu, I think)? I worked through them (although I didn't get a column written), then this morning (yes, still sick) decided that maybe I should just do a clean install of Lubuntu, and while I was at it get rid of regular Ubuntu and install ChromeOS Flex.

During the course of which I managed to make Lubuntu not work very well (different problems than yesterday) and erase the SD card I keep important work files on ... so they'd be safe, of course.

Anyway, I eventually ended up with ChromeOS and nothing else. Which is kind of full circle given than my original intention with this machine was to see if I could do that.

Back to reconstructing important files, and hopefully getting back on track for tomorrow work-wise.

No comments: