Friday, October 20, 2023

Testing, Testing ...

I've been using Firefox as my main browser for a little while now, and I've got a few problems with it. On many sites, it will do a thing where a portion of the screen goes blank. Once I've moved my mouse out of that area and clicked, everything comes back, but it's annoying. Also, one particular site, The Royal Game of Ur, occasionally just crashes the browser. Not every time I drop by for a quick game, but every once in a while.

I don't want to go back to Google Chrome, but I guess I'll use something built on the same framework. I like Vivaldi, but it's a pain in the ass to get things set up the way I like in. I'm gonna go with Microsoft Edge, at least for the moment. By Monday, I should know whether I dig it or not. So far so good, except that it seems to have some kind of built-in writing suggestion tool that I don't like and will try to find a way to turn off.

No comments: