Friday, July 17, 2009

TipDrop: Things that make you go hmmmm ...

TipDrop is clever idea -- a micro-blogging platform that's topic-based rather than member-based (like Twitter). Instead of "following" a particular person, the user posts to (or reads, or creates) "tip sheets" organized by topic.

Its creator seems to envision it as a narrow-topic ("how to get more hits to your blog," etc.) kind of thing, but I've already created a more general "tip sheet" for breaking political news, which I assume is allowable and which could constitute a continuous reciprocal "tip timeline" for political bloggers.

TipDrop appears to have launched in beta about a minute before I got an email about it (the beta announcement is dated July 17th). I can see it doing big things, if they issue an API and people are willing to create third party apps to make good use of it.

Anyway, I'm in.

No comments: