Friday, July 17, 2009

LNC meeting -- the pre-game show

David Nolan, generally regarded as the founder of the Libertarian Party, has issued an open letter directed to the Libertarian National Committee on the occasion of its meeting this weekend in St. Louis. Excerpt:

[T]he most important principle, for libertarians, is the principle of self-ownership, as set forth in the Preamble to our Platform, and our Statement of Principles. These are the standards by which every policy statement and every campaign must be judged. Anyone who is uncomfortable with this yardstick probably ought to be in another party -- one where "the most important principle is winning."


Read the whole thing at Nolan Chart.

That meeting will be webcast, Insha'Allah and the creek don't rise, at UStream. It starts at 8:30am Central on Saturday. I'm planning to pick up a new cell phone today. If I manage that, I'll probably tweet commentary from the meeting as well.

Apropos of not much, I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that my new tie will arrive today. It should go wonderfully with the linen suit/Panama hat ensemble I'm planning to wear to tomorrow's session of the aforementioned meeting. Since it's intended specifically for "branding" purposes (if it's well-received, I plan on buying additional ones in an assortment of colors), I didn't think twice about reporting it to my presidential campaign's treasurer as an in-kind contribution/expenditure ... apparently setting up (unbeknownst to me at that moment) a potential cage match with the FEC.

For me, the LNC thing kicks off at 7:30 tonight under the Arch with a free Sonic Youth concert. Hopefully some of the Libertarians coming to town for the meeting will join me for that (there's another free concert tomorrow night, same place -- Little Feat).

No comments: