Saturday, January 28, 2006

Kill dragon ... dragon is dead

These kinds of coincidences seem to follow me around and make me wonder if there isn't really some sort of mini-zeitgeist or something going on:

I'm in a thrift store a few hours ago and I come across a trove of the good old stuff, most especially one of the Zork titles from Infocom -- the old "two-word text" adventure games. I don't buy it, but I do pick up Ultima VII, Parts 1 and 2, with add-ons and a tie-in for something like 80 cents each. The kids have a Windoze PC for games. I figure they'll dig Lord British.

Then I come home, decide to surf a little, and immediately come across this fantastic little nugget from defective yeti, courtesy of a link from Henley. Brief excerpt:

> STAY COURSE
The situation in Iraq remains unchanged.

> STAY COURSE
The situation in Iraq remains unchanged.

> WEAR FLIGHTSUIT
You put on the flightsuit.

> SAY "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"
"Mission accomplished."

> EXAMINE MISSION
The mission is not accomplished.

> STAY COURSE
The situation in Iraq remains unchanged.

Some insurgents arrive.

> STAY COURSE
The situation in Iraq deteriorates.


Weird. Cool. Beautiful.

No comments: