Monday, January 02, 2006

BlogProps: Performancing.Com

I haven't made any secret of the fact that I want to make money as a blogger (and I do -- not big money, yet, but money). Among the sites dedicated to the notion of "blogging for dollars," Performancing.Com has proven itself the most useful (for example, Performancing is where I learned about the little tchotchke that pulls up a graphic preview when you hover over one of my Amazon links).

No hype here -- just facts, tools and reasonably well-informed musings and speculations. I've found it useful -- if you want to "monetize" your blog, I suspect you will as well.

Of course, there's a broader topic here. I've tried to ensure that Kn@ppster is a fun place to be, and to weave the commercial activity into the natural flow, rather than letting it dominate. I figure that a large archive of interesting, pertinent stuff is a better sales tool than an "ad blog" ... not to mention a whole lot more fun to write, and worth writing whether it's making money or not. But ... am I getting it right? Comments, please.

No comments: