Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Gary Johnson Q&A You Should Watch

I'd embed the video, but I can't figure out how (it was made on a service called Periscope that's apparently all the rage with the youngsters). So here's the link.

Why am I telling you you should watch it? Well, fairness and so forth. I'm quite out about not being a Gary Johnson supporter, but if nothing else on this video he finally answered a question of mine, presented in unfriendly format, that I've been asking him for four years now.

No, I can't say that I really found the answer personally satisfactory, but that's neither here nor there. The chances that any presentation will turn me into a Johnson supporter are pretty slim, but his answer may well have pleased some undecided Libertarians who plan to be national convention delegates, which is one of two reasons for doing an event like this (the other being to energize/motivate people who are already supporters).

So if you're a Johnson supporter, watch it and get motivated. If you're undecided, watch it because maybe it will help you decide. And if you aren't going to support Johnson no matter what, watch it anyway (for oppo research purposes or whatever ... but hey, maybe you're wrong about your own level of anti-Johnson certitude).

No comments: