It's the Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker (not an affiliate link).
Since I know the pseudonymous troll will ask, it is "proudly made in the USA, reflecting over 55 years of Japanese design excellence."
Normally I make my cold brew in a French press, but this is a lot easier to clean after use, and you don't risk grounds getting around the plunger screen, because the grounds just go into that center screened canister.
It works very nicely. The screen also seems to be a finer mesh than the French press, and I like using an espresso grind (Cafe Bustelo, which is roasted, ground, and packaged in Florida but sources its beans from countries where coffee actually grows well). Drinking a cup right now, and for those who enjoy a strong cold brew beverage, I highly recommend both that coffee and this device.
If I go back to drinking coffee more often -- I may get tired of the tea -- I'll eventually invest in one of the higher-end consumer-grade espresso machines. My AeroPress is a reasonable substitute, but neither it nor my moka pot quite satisfy the craving for real espresso, which I prefer to regular ol' American-style coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment