Saturday, August 08, 2026

I Really Am Feeling Kind of Old

Yesterday I hopped on the Lifan KP Mini 150 and rode about 35 miles, in good weather, to Otter Springs.

There, I met up with reader GregL. We kayaked the mile down from the spring to the Suwanee River, up the river a little, watched for jumping sturgeon (there were several, only got a really good look at one), paddled back up the spring, and did a little bit of snorkeling.


Very nice outing.

The ride back was in rain, sometimes fairly heavy, with intermittent gusty winds. I pulled over a couple of times to wait the winds out. A light two-wheeled vehicle on a 60-mph wet highway does not, to my mind, mix well with lots of wind.

Which is not to say I didn't enjoy the ride. But it was pretty tiring, especially after the ride out, the kayaking, and the snorkleing.

Thirty years ago, I'd have probably arrived home, changed clothes, and headed out for a night of drinking and dancing. But not anymore. Went to be early, and slept deeply.

No comments: