Monday, May 15, 2023

OK, So That's a Thing

I quit smoking two weeks ago yesterday. I'm still using nicotine in the form of non-tobacco pouches, but I've stepped the dosage down to 2mg and am mostly transitioned to (non-nicotine, sugar-free) gum, which I'll also likely quit at some point.

It didn't occur to me until a few minutes ago that the tingling/numbness I've been feeling in my left pinky for the last week or so when typing might be related.

But yep, tingling/numbness in the hands/feet is listed as a side effect of nicotine withdrawal (my feet are already shot through in that respect by neuropathy, diabetic and other -- the only time I feel them very much is when they occasionally tingle, feel as if they're on fire, or deliver a really strong real pain signal).

I suspect the numbness is showing up in the left pinky because that's probably the finger I use most when typing (I use lots of shift/control/alt stuff).

No comments: