Wednesday, September 02, 2026

The Move Is Far From Finished ...

... but it's begun.


No, that's not a sepia photo filter. It's what the inside of the tent looks like without open windows and in "natural" daylight on an overcast day.

That's about the front third of the tent (the front door is the panel centered behind the pole). Sofa, coffee table, and shoe shelf (shoes won't be worn in the tent) on the left, desk on the right.

That little chandelier on the top right is a solar-powered light with wiring going out the stove jack (you can see the panel through the roof). The light really isn't much; I'll be augmenting or replacing it ASAP. 

I'll have more shelving coming in for e.g. motorcycle helmets and other bike-related stuff, a couple of chairs for that sofa/coffee table area, either a guitar rack or multiple guitar stands, and a twin frame to move the guest bed mattress over from the camper. And so on, and so forth.

I find the desk, which I put together yesterday, a little small. I think I have a bigger one in storage. If not, I'll go shopping.

Right now, the main hold-up is finding enough cheap rugs to completely cover the floor.

Still working to get the tent correctly trimmed, as you can tell from the wrinkle behind the sofa.

While I understood in my head, from the numbers, that the tent is much larger than the camper, it took standing in it to really feel how much larger. If the doorways ran down to floor level, I'd strongly consider using the extra space as a motorcycle garage. Maybe I'll get a pool or ping-pong table!

No comments: