Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grilling in

I've got bad teeth. I mean, really bad teeth ... the ones that are left, anyway.

Some of that's genetic, some due to the final disintegration from age of military dental work that lasted longer than they said it would, some of it because I'm a heavy smoker, etc.

I was hoping to move to the "final solution" -- mass extraction and dentures -- this year, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Extractions are expensive and I haven't been able to talk Tamara into getting me drunk and taking a pair of pliers to my mouth.

So ... grillz!



No, they're not custom -- the idea was to save money, remember? Got'em from Big Dawgs for $26.94 including shipping, and they arrived in two days even though I chose "standard" shipping.

So far, I kind of like them. They'll take some getting used to, but I'm told the same is true of dentures, partials, retainers, etc. And if they look far out, well, my real mouth looks like an alien landscape. They're worth a try.

No comments: