Saturday, November 08, 2014

The KN@PP Stir Has Its First Sponsor!

Darryl W. Perry is our top sponsor through the end of 2015 -- thanks, Darryl!

So, what does that mean?


  • It means I'm now committed to a minimum of one podcast per month through the end of 2015. That's a minimum -- I'm planning on a weekly schedule.
  • It means you'll be hearing about Darryl as sponsor, and about his current projects (he has more than one thing going most of the time and we'll communicate so that I can talk up whatever's most important), in each episode of the podcast.
  • It means you'll be seeing banner ads about Darryl's projects at the top of the KN@PP Stir Podcast page and at the top of each episode post, like this:


There's still a second sponsor slot open, for a cost of about $60 through the end of 2015. I say "about" because that sponsorship is available for the price of a Blue Snowball microphone and pop filter. If no one bites on that soon I'll probably just grab it myself and hope that the next revenue model stage (listener support at varying, reasonable pledge levels) takes care of it.

[Update: I just ordered the microphone at Best Buy, for pickup later today, so I'm eliminating the second sponsor request and ad slot. This was an easy decision to make. For one thing, if I still had birthdays (I gave'em up a long time ago so I never get any older), tomorrow would be my 48th, so I figure I can call it a present. For another, I'd rather have one sponsor who gets more attention than two who get less. And for a third, there will be additional monetization schemes associated with the podcast and I expect the cost of the mic to wash out in those revenues over time - TLK]

So, tune in next Friday (if not before) for another episode of The KN@PP Stir!

No comments: