Friday, March 08, 2013

Won't Someone Please, Please, PLEASE Turn Down the Stupid?!?

Umm ...

Florida state Sen. Darren Soto, a Democrat, introduced the "Sunshine Protection Act" earlier this year that would make daylight saving time permanent year round. Why? Soto, an attorney, said that he was just tired of leaving his law office in the dark.

Hey, here's an idea: How about instead of everyone else changing their clocks, you change your office hours?

Not that I object to the idea per se, really -- if timekeeping is going to be a matter of law, why not just pick a single scenario and stick with it? And I don't particularly care which scenario it is. If people want more or less daylight, they can set their own schedules earlier or later as they please, instead of expecting everyone else to spring forward, fall back, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing
on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

Feel free to visit my homepage - Male ENhancement Supplements