Tuesday, May 10, 2022

And Then This Happened ...

My youngest turns 21 today.

He got an early birthday present yesterday: Feeling off -- scratchy throat, etc. -- and his sibling coming home with a brand new shiny positive COVID-19 test.

So he's cranky, feverish (but not dangerously so, at least yet), and probably not planning to hit the clubs to celebrate his legal drinking status tonight (that's not something he'd be into anyway).

So far as I can tell, I'm either uninfected or asymptomatic. I've been a little sneezy for a few days, but attributed (and still attribute) that to the usual pollen allergy stuff. Other than that, I think I've actually felt BETTER than usual. Maybe that's due to being vaxed and boosted with the (not yet approved) Novavax vaccine. Or maybe it's something else at work. Or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet.

Update, 9:24am: I'm still not running a fever or any other specific symptoms, but shortly after this initial post I started feeling, well, a little woozy/wonky. Maybe it's THE COVID, or maybe it's just that I didn't sleep well last night or something. "Out of an abundance of caution," I'm putting off publishing today's Garrison Center column. I just finished the first draft, but I'm not feeling very sharp or inclined to trust myself at the moment. It might be full of terrible typos. Or it might even be "all pure gibberish -- a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate," which would be a feature, not a bug. Maybe later today, almost certainly by tomorrow.

No comments: