Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Elizabeth Warren Waxes Reasonably Shermanesque

"No. I'm not running and I’m not going to run."

I suppose there's a tiny sliver of a chance that she'll change her tune when it becomes obvious that Hillary Clinton isn't going to be the next president, or even the next Democratic nominee for president.

But I'd say that tiny sliver is very tiny, because the last couple of weeks would have been the perfect time for a prominent Democrat to display some leadership and say that out loud. Maybe she doesn't want to be the one to say it and is waiting for someone else to. But I'm guessing she just doesn't want to run this time.

So, who will the Democrats go with?

True, at this point, it looks like they could win with just about anyone other than Richard Milhous Nix ... er, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

But things can change, and in a race that gets closer I just don't see the two big names getting thrown around other than Warren's -- vice-president Joe Biden and former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley -- as strong candidates.

If I were the Democrats, I'd be looking at Jim Webb for president. And if I was Jim Webb, I'd be looking at Russ Feingold for veep.

No comments: