Friday, September 19, 2008

This and that

- I bet you've been in a place where having a friend throw a few dollars your way could make a real difference. I know I have, too. Right now, Norma Jean Almodovar is in one of those places -- she and her husband have major health issues, big auto repair bills, more bills coming due, not enough money to pay them. We've been through this part before: I'm not a wealthy guy, but $5 didn't kill me. Probably won't kill you either. PayPal makes it easy.

- I'm probably not the guy to look to for investment advice, but I'm going to give you some anyway: The market is on a sugar high today from the latest round of government bailouts, buyouts and manipulations. Stocks are rising, gold is falling this morning. You know what to do, because you know that like all sugar highs, this one is going to end in a crash ... and the stash of candy bars hidden in Washington's pantry is getting smaller and smaller.

- If you're into online presidential "fun" polling -- strictly non-scientific -- here's one that has Charles Jay and yours truly as an option. Of course, if you follow me on Twitter, you already saw Mike Seebeck telling me that.

No comments: