Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shameless Commercial Flogging

When you're fresh out of story ideas, try to sell some stuff!

What I've Been Watching:

Dexter, Season One (via Netflix streaming video). If you live in an entertainment cave like I do (I never start watching a TV show until it's several seasons in -- I started on Lost a month before the final season began), the show is about a sociopath / serial killer who only kills "bad guys." Just finished the first (12-episode) season earlier tonight. Very well done -- strong acting, interesting story arc, etc. I'll be interested to see whether or not the show's quality holds up over multiple seasons.

What I've Been Reading:

The Great Book of Amber -- all ten of Roger Zelazny's Amber novels between two covers. This isn't my first time through the series (as a matter of fact I've lost count), but it's been a few years. Picked this single-volume edition up at a garage sale last week.

It's as good as I remember. Might as well get the comments ("Blasphemer!" "Infidel!") rolling in: I prefer Zelazny's Amber+Shadow to Tolkien's Middle Earth. It's not as fully elaborated but the people in it are more interesting and recognizable.

What I've Been Listening To:

Lots of stuff, but the two top playlist items right now are probably Rotten Apples: The Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits and Dwight Yoakam's Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.

I'm not even going to try to explain why those particular two. I guess I'm just a man of ... eclectic ... tastes.

No comments: