Wednesday, March 26, 2008

But seriously, folks ...

In the shadow of recent events, I was initially tempted to run a ... non-traditional ... campaign for Congress: Use KN@PPSTER as my campaign site, maybe walk around the district in a toga and Viking helmet engaging in Socratic dialogues with invisible friends, that kind of thing.

That temptation quickly passed, however. I've put too much blood and sweat into the Libertarian Party over the years to waste a campaign cycle on terrorizing the LP's empty suit faction. I am, after all, a professional.

So, I've pulled out my most respectable head shot -- it's 11 years old; I'll have to get a new one ASAP, and I'll probably break down and ditch the beard -- for the campaign web site, and just threw my first punch at the incumbent. I hope to have the web site fully developed (major position papers, etc.) in the next 10 days or so.

Right now, I'm trying to work up a campaign plan, and I'm wrestling with the issue of whether to run a sub-$5,000 campaign (no FEC reporting to mess with) or try and raise $10-$20k and go balls-out. Either way, I'm already talking with a prospective treasurer and will have a fundraising plan together shortly.

No comments: