Friday, October 16, 2009

Hey, he doesn't look like he's from England any more!

Before

Before on Twitpic


Cue Spongebob Squarepants style fake French narrator's voice: "Eleffen extrakshuns laterrrrr ..."

After

After on Twitpic


The oral surgeon went right at it. Apart from the wait for the local anesthetic to do its thing, the procedure took maybe 20 minutes. The bleeding's already pretty much tapered off three hours later, but this denture thing will take some getting used to. I'm hopeful that the sensation of having lighter fluid poured in my mouth and set on fire while my gums are being repeatedly stabbed with a fork (even with two VicodinTM in my system and the ongoing application of ice) will not be part of the permanent picture.

Photos taken with my phone by an extremely patient and solicitous spouse.

No comments: