Wednesday, October 07, 2026

A Viking I Shall Go

I love it when a non-plan comes together.

A client owed me some money, and in asking how I'd like to be paid it came up that they don't do Bitcoin but were good with check, cash via PayPal ... or just buying me something I wanted in that general price range.

And I just happened to have been looking at something which came to almost exactly that price (give or take $20), and really liking it, but having trouble deciding whether or not to spend that kind of money on that kind of thing. The "just buy you something" offer made up my mind for me, and they're on the way:


They're a 28-liter (14 liters each) pair of hard-case Viking Bags Pantheon Saddlebags (not an affiliate link) complete with "quick mount" hardware for Lena Mae.

They go on and come off quickly/easily, but are locked to the bike (via a lock inside) when they're on it.

Between those and my top case -- or possibly a top bag, which I've been considering since it would be easier to remove along with the saddlebags when I prefer the bike bare-naked -- I'll probably be able to carry seven days' worth of travel necessities, plus some food for the road to minimize c-store/fast food stops on long trips.

And they just happen to be American-made, so the trolls can consider themselves fed.

No comments: