Tuesday, September 15, 2026

NFL Week 1 Results

Week 1 of the 2026 NFL season wrapped up last night with -- surprisingly to most, maybe even to me just a little -- the Kansas City Chiefs delivering a 31-10 beatdown to the Denver Broncos. Here are my picks and how they panned out -- correct picks in green, incorrect in red:

  • Seattle Seahawks beat New England Patriots
  • San Francisco 49ers beat Los Angeles Rams*
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat Cincinnati Bengals*
  • Detroit Lions beat New Orleans Saints
  • Tennessee Titans beat New York Jets
  • Baltimore Ravens beat Indianapolis Colts
  • Pittsburgh Steelers beat Atlanta Falcons
  • Chicago Bears beat Carolina Panthers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars beat Cleveland Browns
  • Houston Texans beat Buffalo Bills*
  • Las Vegas Raiders beat Miami Dolphins
  • Minnesota Vikings beat Green Bay Packers*
  • Philadelphia Eagles beat Washington Commanders
  • Los Angeles Chargers beat Arizona Cardinals
  • Dallas Cowboys beat New York Giants
  • Kansas City Chiefs beat Denver Broncos*
Considering how little attention I paid to the NFL in the off-season, going 11 right, five wrong isn't terrible. It puts me in the 89.8th percentile of those playing ESPN's NFL Pick'em game. Also, I went three of five on "upsets" (where I picked the team to win that most players said would lose).

I still haven't decided whether I'll see this whole season through on weekly picks, because I don't know if I'll remain interested in the NFL. But based on the games I caught at least part of (49ers v. Rams, Jaguars vs. Browns, Texans v. Bills), I very well may.

No comments: