Tuesday, October 07, 2008

With all due respect to Woody

I'm certainly not planning to quit my day job. Hey, wait a minute, this is my day job ...


This land is Hank's land, this land is Hank's land
From east to west, son, it belongs to Paulson
To get the market rising, Hank is supervising
This land was bought by you and me.

As I was walking down to my mailbox
Saw foreclosure looming, it's called Paulson's Smallpox
Saw my poor self living in a brown cardboard box
This land was bought by you and me

(chorus)

They took our money, and made it all funny
To Alfalfa and Spanky, add the name Bernanke
From the hole at Ground Zero, out to Fisherman's Pier, oh
This land was bought by you and me

(chorus)

If your name isn't Buffett, be prepared to just tough it
'Cause the gamblers on Wall Street will never have to just rough it
They made contributions to their pet politicians
And this land got bought by you and me

(chorus)

If you see a sign that says "no trespassing"
It's talkin' to you and the evicted who're massing
In the reborn Hoovervilles and up in the country hills
To take back this land for you and me

(chorus)

No comments: