With Chris Rose as chair (and workhorse), the Libertarian Party of Florida's 2022 platform committee (Chris, vice-chair Omar Recuero, myself, Jonathan Loesche, and Josh Hlavka) are working through the platform (not necessarily in plank order) to produce a good set of suggestions for the delegates at next year's convention.
I can't speak for anyone else on the committee, but my goals include:
- Getting similar subjects into the same planks;
- Imposing rational order within those planks (e.g. right to trial by jury would logically precede the right of juries to nullify bad laws in those trials);
- Reducing references to transient court rulings, statutes, etc. in favor of general principles;
- Improving the writing and making the writing uniform with respect to spelling, grammar, and style;
- Brevity within reason (that is, not using 50 words where five words are sufficient).