Monday, April 25, 2016

A Grudging Bit of Respect for the Johnson 2016 Campaign

Over the past week or so, I've emphasized the importance of opposition research in political campaigns and bemoaned the near absence of it in Libertarian political campaigns.

Earlier this morning, I found out that Gary Johnson's presidential campaign has a private Facebook group apparently dedicated to one side of the oppo research equation: Figuring out what might be used to attack the candidate so that it can be headed off.

The group is called Troll Patrol GJ2016. Obviously I'm not a member of it. In fact, I'm presumably not supposed to know it exists (neither are you unless you're a member of it).

For obvious reasons, I'm of two minds on the subject.

On the one hand, it's nice to see a Libertarian presidential campaign doing one of the things it needs to be doing. Congrats to the Johnson people on being proactive there.

On the other hand, I'm on the general catch-all anti-Johnson team, so if there are any turncoats lurking in Troll Patrol GJ2016 who'd like to share what's been posted there and what gets posted there in the future you know where to find me.

No comments: