Yes, I am still mired down in "blogger burnout." I can feel it ebbing away, though, and hope to have some good stuff for you here at Kn@ppster Real Soon Now. In the meantime, there are lots of other libertarian and general/political blogs to keep you occupied.
- Congratulations to Hammer of Truth's Stephen Gordon on his appointment to the post of communications director for the Libertarian Party. I've worked with Steve on a number of projects over the last couple of years, and can't think of a single person better suited to the job in terms of energy, commitment and skill -- or, on the other side of the balance sheet, contra his detractors, ideological "purity."
- For those of you who like talk radio, I did an interview with Free Market News Network's John St. George last week, expanding on the theme of "the rapture for nerds." (Note to self -- remember to let FMNN know to remove the "Democrat" designator from my byline). I really, really dig doing radio, but I generally don't think I'm very good at it. I'm considering trying to set up a "talk radio tour" for one of my just-about-to-debut projects, for the specific purpose of getting better through practice.
- Project idea: Bloggers Boycotting Black Jack. I need to take a drive around the town and figure out just what's there to boycott. For more on why, here's Chris Bennett. I'm thinking that all the project would require is a graphic logo, a list of businesses to inform of the boycott (so they can pressure the city to get its collective head out of its political ass), and some blogger participation, especially from here in the St. Louis area.
- As I've previously stated, I am not, nor will I be, a presidential candidate in 2008. As a matter of fact, I consider the notion that I will ever be presidential material preposterous on its face. However, sometimes the preposterous can also be useful, and I am now seriously considering a 2012 run based primarily on the campaign slogan "What The Fuck Is WRONG With You People?"
- In consequence whereof, I have dyed my hair and beard burgundy, and am now affecting the use of a cigarette holder (the burgundy hair will probably go away quickly -- I never let my hair get very long without deciding to shave my head -- or, if I let it grow out, I may try to pioneer the tie-dyeing of attached human hair) and use of the third person when referring to myself (except here, at least for now).
- Among the just-about-to-debut projects is one that sounds like, but isn't, porn.