Thursday, June 09, 2022

Undecided, Leaning Against

Watching the Capitol Riot Exploitation Commitee's prime time campaign infomercial public hearing, that is.

But I may, just in case something worth commenting on happens.

Whether I watch it or not, here's the livestream embed so you don't have to go hunting for it:



And if I do decide to watch it and live-blog it, I'll do it below.



9:20 -- Yada, yada, yada, going to bed. Sorry I couldn't hang with it for longer, but even thought it's fairly well done as campaign infomercials go, I'm just tired and have an early wake-up time!

9:02pm --  Ten-minute recess.

9:00pm -- Based on this video, it's hard to make the case that the Capitol Police shouldn't have just set up a couple of Browning .50s at a high point and started "mowing the grass" before these guys actually got into the building.

8:50 pm-- "Video presentation of the violence of January 6th."

8:48pm --  Cheney to Republicans still defending Trump: "There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."

8:35 -- Going through the evidence that Trump had co-conspirators, e.g. John Eastman, in his plot to overthrow the government of the United States.

8:26pm --  Going through testimony from Trump regime officials to the effect that Trump knew damn well he had lost the election because they repeatedly told him he'd lost the election, but persisted nonetheless in lying about it.

8:17pm -- Well, I tuned in late, but Liz Cheney is still lecturing in her distinct foghorn/nasal voice, so I probably didn't miss much.

No comments: