Friday, June 10, 2016

If I Owned Gawker, I Would Burn, Bulldoze or Otherwise Destroy the Value of Every Last Item of Associated Property ...

...  before I'd let Terry Gene Bollea, aka Hulk Hogan, collect so much as one thin dime of the $140 million a jury awarded him pursuant to his frivolous lawsuit. In fact, I think I might spend some of that money (before the bankruptcy auction) paying people of certain loosely defined occupation to track down the judge, the jury, Bollea and lawsuit financier Peter Thiel and give them stern talkings to, possibly involving baseball bats, tar and butane.

The jury awarded Bollea $55 million in "compensatory damages" when in fact he almost certainly economically gained rather than lost wealth due to the circus over Gawker's publication of a "sex tape" video, a circus that he enlarged and extended (double entendres not intentional) with his malicious litigation. And the rest of the award was horseshit too. The suit should have been dismissed with prejudice about 30 seconds after it was filed.

No, I'm not a Gawker aficionado. I'm sure I've visited the site, but I suspect I could count the number of times I've done so on my own digits without removing my shoes.

And as a side note, there are probably things I'd like to see less than I'd like to see video of Hulk Hogan having sex, but for the life of me I can't think of any right now.

No comments: