Monday, May 23, 2016

OK, I Finally Found a Google Thing That I REALLY Hate

And it's not something I would have expected.

I created a YouTube channel specifically for videos I intend to record at the 2016 Libertarian National Convention. I thought about livestreaming via one of several services, but I don't really WANT to livestream. I prefer to record stuff and upload it. Other people will be livestreaming, I'm sure.

I had planned to embed the channel on the page I'm creating for my convention coverage (that page will also have embeds of my convention Instagram gallery, my convention podcasting, etc. -- basically one-stop shopping for my convention coverage).

It should be the simplest thing ever. Go to the channel, grab some embed code, go.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

I'm pretty sure it's not impossible, but when I search for information on how to do it I get a bazillion help threads, all of which end with "this method has been deprecated, go here for the new way."

I finally gave up and just created a playlist on my default channel, then embedded that. But my original idea should have been easy to implement instead of some kind of nightmare.

No comments: