But a confluence of circumstances came about which resulted in me not doing one, including but not limited to:
- It's a holiday -- I spent about seven hours smoking ribs, and then there were evening fireworks to mess with; and
- In between all that, I was mowing; and
- In between all that, I was feeling pretty crappy (my left "frozen shoulder" is almost but not quite gone; on the right, it seems to be at its worst point, even though I started the exercises I learned in physical therapy for the left one as soon as the right one started revealing itself); and
- As you may recall, even though I generally do a podcast every week, I'm only committed to one per month, so I didn't feel too bad about taking this week off; and
- Finally, I'm working on getting into the right headspace for tomorrow night's concert: Supposedly the last concert the Grateful Dead will ever perform. A pay-per-view purchase of that is Tamara's "gettin' over the cancer" present to herself. Of course, she's been to real live Grateful Dead shows before. I never have. This is the closest I'll ever get to seeing one live.