Saturday, July 04, 2015

No Podcast Today ...

If there HAD been one, it would have been brought to you by Darryl W. Perry:


But a confluence of circumstances came about which resulted in me not doing one, including but not limited to:


  • It's a holiday -- I spent about seven hours smoking ribs, and then there were evening fireworks to mess with; and
  • In between all that, I was mowing; and
  • In between all that, I was feeling pretty crappy (my left "frozen shoulder" is almost but not quite gone; on the right, it seems to be at its worst point, even though I started the exercises I learned in physical therapy for the left one as soon as the right one started revealing itself); and
  • As you may recall, even though I generally do a podcast every week, I'm only committed to one per month, so I didn't feel too bad about taking this week off; and
  • Finally, I'm working on getting into the right headspace for tomorrow night's concert: Supposedly the last concert the Grateful Dead will ever perform. A pay-per-view purchase of that is Tamara's "gettin' over the cancer" present to herself. Of course, she's been to real live Grateful Dead shows before. I never have. This is the closest I'll ever get to seeing one live.
I just might rear back and pass a mid-week bonus podcast. If not, this week's "Thanks For Asking!" stuff will be answered on next week's podcast.

Hope you're all having a great weekend. Of course, I'm not big on celebrating the US government these days, but I do like fireworks and barbecue, regardless of the excuses for either.

No comments: