Friday, July 24, 2015

Got Yer FREE LIBERTARIAN CONTENT Here!

Every once in awhile, I like to mention that everything I write at KN@PPSTER is in the public domain, and that you're free to reproduce/use it in any way you damn well please. I've been meaning to put out an update on the "free libertarian content" front for awhile, but I'm just now getting around to it. The bullet points:


  • Everything at KN@PPSTER is published under a Creative Commons CC0 Public Domain Dedication. That means you can do anything you want with it. Re-post it, quote it, turn it into lyrics for your artsy-fartsy experimental jug band, you name it. While I'd love it if you attributed it to me and maybe linked to KN@PPSTER, that's just a preference. Public domain is public domain.
  • Everything at The Garrison Center (except photos from off-site, which are marked with "intellectual property" info) is also published under the CC0 license, so the same goes for it. Three op-eds a week, intended mostly for non-libertarian political and "mainstream" media, but if you can think of anything you'd like to do with them, go for it.
  • And then there are the podcasts. Right now, I'm doing four per week most weeks. Yes, four. There's The KN@PP Stir, of course. That's just 15 minutes of AMA and me ranting. I record at Soundcloud, which doesn't include CC0 as one of the licensing options. I went with their least restrictive licensing option, "Attribution 3.0 Unported." Under that license, you are free to share, copy, redistribute, adapt, remix, transform, etc. for any purpose, including commercially, but you have to attribute it to me. I'm going to see about finding a way to tag it with the CC0 license so that you don't even have to attribute, and I wouldn't try to enforce attribution anyway, so feel at ease when re-using. The other three podcasts each week are recordings of my Garrison Center op-eds, and they are CC0. Feel free to copy them, embed them, edit them so that Shia LaBeouf can be heard yelling "JUST ... DO IT!" in the background, use them to "quote" me in your own podcast ... whatever. Just ... do it!
  • Oh, the book. I almost forgot the book. That's in the public domain, too. Enjoy.

No comments: