Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Resolutions for 2015

Yeah, I've got some:


  • Back on the Bike -- I got out of the habit after averaging 100 miles a week for several weeks over the summer. In 2015, I want to maintain a MINIMUM of three rides per week and a MINIMUM of 30 miles per week.
  • Off the Tobacco, on the Vapor -- I don't plan to buy any more tobacco once I run out of what I have on hand (that may not be on January 1st but it should be by the end of the week). When I'm completely off tobacco, I feel a lot better. And the vapor stuff is available enough now that "I ran out and got back on cigarettes while I waited for shipping" doesn't fly any more.
  • 500 Words a Day -- every day. Bare minimum. And I may up that to a thousand at some point. I've spent too long letting "writer's block" stop me whenever it drops in for a visit. So, 500 words minimum. Every day. No excuses.
  • Vacation -- I never really take them (usually if I take off work the last 10 years or more, it's because there's something I have to do, like move or attend a political event), and even on this I don't mean "stop working entirely for a period of time." But, at least one "purely leisure" trip that takes me at least 100 miles from the house for at least an overnight stay. Maybe by bike!
There are other things I want to do in 2015, but these are the big four I really want to check off the list.

What are your resolutions? Let's talk in comments.

No comments: