Saturday, June 28, 2014

New Toy!

Went garage-saling this morning, as we do most weekends. And most weekends I find a thing or two that I don't really need, cheap. But today I found something that I've always kind of wanted whenever I thought about it, but haven't come across at a garage sale before. Ever. Let alone cheap.

How cheap? Hard to say, as it came as part of a "dicker them down on several items" bundle. The asking price was $10. The real price, pro rata, was probably between $5 and $7.50.

Not counting future emergency room bills, of course.

Great condition, almost new. Found the same or at least similar model online new for $130.

Got it home, aired the tire up, read some online tutorials and watched some YouTube videos, managed to ride around the car (with one hand using the car for balance). I think I'll watch garage sales for a helmet before I get any more adventurous with it.

No comments: