Saturday, November 23, 2013

Recommendation: InoReader

Back in the old days (e.g. 1995 to some time earlier in this millennium), I bookmarked lots and lots of web sites and visited each one each day to find content for Freedom News Daily and, later, Rational Review News Digest (of which FND is now an ISIL "co-brand").

Then came RSS, and I put off using it for several years because most of the readers didn't seem ready for prime time.

Finally, NewsSquares, which was a fine service when it served essentially as a nice-looking front end for Google Reader but which has gone downhill since Google Reader died.

So I've been looking for a replacement, and I think I've found it: InoReader.

It has a nice front end GUI, and on the back end it doesn't seem to suffer much from problems I've had with other readers (e.g. frequent re-sets such that articles I've marked read suddenly pop up again as "new" for no apparent reason -- that's been one of my big NewsSquares gripes lately). I've only been using for a few days, but I'm following more than 60 feeds and haven't had a single problem with it so far.

So if you're not happy with your current RSS reader and are looking for a replacement, check it out.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: