Friday, January 13, 2012

The KN@PPSTER Android App is Here!

Maybe. I can't get it to run properly on my device ("closed unexpectedly"), but that's not unusual, as my device is an older, modified/semi-proprietary Android 2.0 ("Eclair") ereader that does seem to have problems with some apps.

If necessary, I'll download the SDK, set up the emulator, create a virtual device, etc. ... but IMO I'd then really only know as much as I do now. Probably simpler to put the thing out for download and ask y'all to let me know if it works. Click the screen shot or click here for direct download (this is not through Android Market, it's a direct download of the APK file):


... and let me know how it goes. It's not a complicated app -- just this blog, packaged up for Android.

One request: Please don't download the app unless you plan to actually use it. The development package I bought from Publish5 supports up to 1,000 users for a very reasonable one-time fee of $19. More than that, and I have to upgrade to a $15/month plan to keep growing the user base. Which I don't mind doing if they're real users. If it's 1,001 people who download the app and then forget about it, not so much.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: