Friday, April 08, 2011

No, Jim, It's Really Not

Over, that is.

Right up front, let me make it clear that I don't give a damn who won/wins the Wisconsin Supreme Court race. I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat, and I'm not on board with either side of the big controversy ("public" employees demanding a perpetual guaranteed spot at the hog trough versus a governor who wants to bust them there unions so his corporate welfare queen supporters can consume a bigger share of the slop).

But there's no doubt whatsoever -- none, zero, zip, zilch, nada -- that if a Republican pulled off an apparent slim victory in an important election, and a local Democrat official popped up two days later with "oh, look, I just happened to find exactly enough votes to change the result and put it beyond the automatic recount margin, I must have missed them the first time, tee hee, sorry about that," Jim Hoft would blow the roofs off several St. Louis landmarks with the sheer volume of his screams for an investigation into possible election fraud. And he'd be right.

It ain't over. And it's probably going to get even uglier.

No comments: