Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lingospotting

You may or may not have noticed it yet, but I've installed a Lingospot script on Kn@ppster. It's a pretty interesting gadget -- it picks out keywords and highlights them as links. When the reader mouses over those links, it pops up a balloon showing:

- Other material on those keywords at this blog.

- Wikipedia information on the keyword.

- Books related to the keyword.

- Keyword-related content on other blogs.

That last is my main reason for actually posting an article on the whole thing. The "other blogs" function is a reciprocal blogroll thing, and the blogroll in question is Lingospot-specific -- being included in my extensive blogrolls over in the sidebar won't cut it. If you'd like to be included, drop me a line at kubby dot communications at gmail dot com, and I'll send you an invite. This wouldn't require you to run the Lingospot bubbles on your own site, but it would require you to register an RSS feed with Lingospot. Of course, if you want to go whole hog and run those bubbles yourself, sign up and then send me a blogroll invite at the same address.

No comments: