Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A wee bit of a milestone

I admit it. I'm an ad revenue whore. For the most part, if you want to advertise it on Kn@ppster, I'll take your money. Barbed-wire sex toys? No problem. That's why it troubles me to reject an ad ... but today, for the first time, I did.

The representative of the political consulting group placing the ad was courteous in his response to my rejection note (and I tried to be courteous in that rejection note). I actually think that some of you will be interested in their client. But I just didn't feel right about taking their client's money for running an ad which might imply agreement with their client's perspective or support for their client's past actions. So, instead of a paid ad for promotion, they (and you) get a free link for the sake of interest:

TerriPAC

Long-time readers of this blog will recall that I was most definitely not on Michael Schiavo's side of the Terri Schiavo case. Whether you'll agree, or understand my reasons, is a different question, and I'm not especially interested in re-hashing it all -- if you're that curious, plug the word "Schiavo" into the search form in the sidebar.

So, there you have it. Kn@ppster turned down $15 out of pure, enlightened principle. Isn't he saintly? Kneel and genuflect, kn@ves.

No comments: