Thursday, September 08, 2005

Various and sundry items of interest

- The Blogosphere of the Libertarian Left now boasts 25 member sites. Looks like it's about time to start surveying the scope of opinions BLL represents and see if we can figure out a way to make this jalopy take us somewhere!

- Loretta Nall doesn't wear panties. I meant to link to this item the day it was published, but frankly I got too hot and bothered to remember. Several cold showers and one aggravated Repetitive Motion Injury later ... well ... anyone got a cigarette?

- I'm working with evil right-wing Morg from evil right-wing site The Wide-Awakes on a new project, which we expect to debut in the next couple of weeks. I'm enthused about it and expect it to be a smashing success.

- For the record, I don't blame George W. Bush for Hurrican Katrina, the collapse of the New Orleans levee, or the subsequent relief debacles. This needs to be said, given my propensity to blame Bush for, well, pretty much everything. By definition, emergencies and crises are situations in which things do not go as they're supposed to. If things were going as they're supposed to, it wouldn't be an emergency or a crisis, would it? I'll probably have more to say on this later, but on the whole "if it wasn't for Iraq" thing ... well, if you subtract the pro-war spin, I substantially agree with Christopher Hitchens on the subject (which says a lot about something, but I'm not sure just what).

No comments: